hit by a heat wave!

"Paris will be mild." - they said.
"Bring a sweater!" - they said.
"I had to wear long sleeves during the summer." - they said.

And by "they said," I mean Elisabeth, my sister. But BOY, was she wrong! Paris has been in a bit of a heat wave for the past few days. It's in the high 90s and low 100s during the afternoon and while we're out on excursions. And yet, while I'm sweating in a tank top and skirt, I see locals walking around looking very chic with long pants, a blazer, and top. As Gigi says, Je ne comprends pas, les Parisiennes. 




Despite the heat, I still had the opportunity to go on quite a few adventures. 
On Sunday, we went as a group down to Mouffetard to see the markets. Little did we know, we simply had to walk through them with no time to stop and shop. (I'll admit, we were all groaning with hunger.) On the way, however, we saw a big square full of people sitting at a cafe and listening to a local singer. A man and woman jumped up and began to dance right there on the square. It was very chic and very parisian. Something you would think Meg Ryan would see and scoff at in French Kiss. (Watch it!) 


After our promenade, we picnicked in the Jardin du Luxembourg! It was a fun day indeed.

That night, we treated ourselves to Amorino gelato for the third time. IT IS SO GOOD. We burn so many calories walking everywhere that it is relatively guilt free too!


Monday was our first day of class. We had all sort of forgotten we were also here to take classes, not just eat croissants. But rather than telling you about what we learned in class, I'll just incorporate certain things when I describe our sorties to the places we are learning about.

I went for a little walk (okay, 2 hours) around the 5th & 6th arrondissement to see what all there was to see!




I found Pierre Herme's patisserie as well as a few other adorable shops and sites!

Tuesday, one of our classes was spent looking at all the different cheeses (over 300) of France in the local grocery store. Now that's my kind of class! After classes were over, we all went exploring through the Latin Quarter. 




My sorority twin happened to be in Paris for the week so we met up in the Jardin des Tuileries to see Marnie the Dog (see her instagram!) 




Not only was it great to see Julia and the most adorable dog, but I finally got to see the other side of the Seine and explore around the Louvre! The garden is simply beautiful! 



That's all for now! Ta-Ta!

Je t'aime,
Madeleine



Madeleine B

Thanks for stopping by!

3 comments:

  1. Ahhhh! Je t'aime aussi ma petite fleur!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Kinda like being in Texas huh? You've had experience with the heat.

    ReplyDelete