sore feet & a full stomach.

The last few days have been action packed!
We've actually had very little scheduled orientation this weekend, so the busy-ness has all been my doing. I just hate not being out and about, exploring the city on these first free days before classes start tomorrow. 

Yesterday, I woke up nice and early, grabbed a pain au chocolat & cafe au lait and headed to Jardin du Luxembourg! It was nice to see the gardens at a less crowded time. By the early afternoon, they are packed with picnicking and sunbathing tourists and locals. 


The morning is also a perfect time to get pictures of the places tourists are usually blocking. 




^ c'est moi, looking like a super-tourist. 


one more of that pain au chocolat. oh yum. 
  
We still had a little time to spare so we walked around the neighborhoods behind the Senate building (seen behind my coffee above) for about an hour. I took a few snapshots below!



After a brief class meeting, we headed out into the Latin Quarter for lunch. I grabbed a baguette with chevre, tomato, & lettuce for only a couple euros and it was delicous! We took our lunch to go and headed back up to our terrace to enjoy lunch with a view. And what a view it was!


I crashed after lunch for a couple hours and had time to look at pictures and rest mes pieds (my feet). 

For dinner, we headed through the Jardin du Luxembourg in the direction of the Eiffel Tower (but not TO the Eiffel Tower). In total, this little adventure was about 3 miles round trip. I wanted to cut down on spending after treating myself to a few pricey food items the day before, which automatically means ...

CREPES FOR DINNER!!!!



delicious decision. cheap decision. great decision. 

We sat on the Seine and ate them and smiled.


 

Snapshots from Pont des Arts - the old "Love Lock" bridge. 


We made our way back home to watch the sunset from our terrace. It was breathtaking! The sun doesn't set until 10pm, so the days feel like weeks! 


Ah, Paris. Je t'aime! 

More stories from today's adventures coming soon!

XO,
Madeleine 

PS. I apologize for all of my missing French accents throughout this post. I still haven't figured out my keyboard shortcuts! 

Madeleine B

Thanks for stopping by!

2 comments:

  1. Sounds like the perfect day to me! And what glorious weather you're having to boot!
    Love, Momma

    ReplyDelete