5 ways to start the new year off right - right now!

It's 2016! I can hardly believe that 2015 is over. Between my final exams and the hustle and bustle of the holidays, I haven't put a lot of thought into new year's resolutions quite yet, but I'm getting to it. (Sidenote: for a great goal setting program, visit Lara Casey's 2016 Goal Setting posts - I go through her goal setting guide every year & love it!)

BUT whether you love or hate making resolutions, it is the perfect time to get the year off to a great start. So here are a few of my ideas of ways to kick-start your new year!

1. Clear out your clothes!
Now this could take you five minutes or five hours. To start, pick out anything that you haven't worn in 6 months or anything that doesn't fit anymore. Separate your clothes into donations and things to throw away (anything with holes, tears, etc.). I recommend taking clothing that is in really great shape or was purchased within the last two years to Plato's Closet or another resale store! Take the rest of your clothes to a donation center like the Salvation Army or Goodwill.

2. Declutter your inbox!
I recently went through my school inbox and deleted literally THOUSANDS of old emails I had no need for. Not only did it free up space on my computer and phone, but it's so nice to not have to shuffle through a bunch of unnecessary emails. While you're at it, sign up for Unroll.Me and unsubscribe from those stores you don't need daily sale updates and newsletters.

3. Unfollow & Unfriend
Clear your feeds of accounts that bring you jealously or anger, whether it's an old classmate or a fashion blogger - surround yourself by accounts that bring you joy and inspiration, not the opposite. 

4. Liven up your linens!
January is full of bed & bath sales! If your bedsheets or towels could use an update, now is the time to do it! Or at the very least, wash your sheets for a fresh start to the new year! I used the bedding that is currently in my room at home for my first two years of college and it's certainly seen better days! I'm looking for a fresh, all white bedding set to replace it this year & love this bedding from Target!

5. Find your groove!
I have a habit of listening to the same songs over and over. For the new year, make yourself a brand new playlist of songs that fire you up. 


Pajamas: J.Crew
Slippers: Target


Hopefully these gave you a few ideas of what to do with your first weekend of 2016! I'll be enjoying more family time before my spring semester starts! 

Happy 2016!
Madeleine

Madeleine B

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment