what's in my bag: sizzlin' summer edition

sizzlin' summer makeup

I'll admit, I rarely leave the house without makeup on. But in the summer, I feel much more confident wearing a lighter, more natural look because I have a fake tan glow (thank you Jergens). Here I've listed my summer makeup necessities that I wear daily!

MOISTURIZER: Olay Complete: All Day Moisturizer - $8.69 (Target)
Years ago, I borrowed this from my mom & have loved it ever since. I wear it year round as a moisturizer underneath my makeup. It's light, absorbs for full-day moisture, & is SPF-15. It also comes in different versions for sensitive, normal, & combination/oily skin - I use the sensitive skin version. 

PRIMER: MAC Prep & Prime 
Alright I won't lie to you, I don't know much about face primers. I got a sample of this primer with a Sephora purchase, but haven't made the plunge to get a large size because primers tend to be pricey (college girl budget, y'all). BUT from what I've used of this primer, I really like it. A little goes a long way & my skin feels smooth. 

CC CREAM: IT Cosmetics CC Cream - $38.00 (Ulta) 
I recently got this from my sister & LOVE it. I didn't actually know what "CC Cream" was until I looked it up yesterday, but "CC" means color correcting. So this cream is great if you want to lightly cover redness or illuminate skin dullness. It smells AMAZING, which I can't say about many other foundation-like products. It has anti-aging cream (which as a 20-something I don't think I currently need, but it's a nice plus!) & SPF-50+ to protect you from those hot sun rays. I think this is the perfect if you're looking for a makeup to wear at the beach. Just remember, for SPF effectiveness, it must be applied every 2 hours. 

BLUSH: Bare Minerals Blush - Fruit Cocktail - $20 (Ulta) 
I grabbed this blush when it was on sale for $10 at Ulta! While I don't use Bare Minerals foundation, I love this blush to add a pop of color on my cheeks. PS - Bare Minerals is 100% pure minerals & does not use animal testing. Elle Woods would be proud. 

BRONZER: Bobbi Brown Shimmer Brick - $40-46 (Nordstrom)
I bought this after recommendations by Kate of Lonestar Southern & I loooove it. I use it to very lightly highlight and contour my face, while giving it a natural summer glow. It's pricey so if you are looking for a cheaper duplicate, try Revlon's Cheek Highlighting Palette in Bronze Glow. I have not tried it, but have read it is the closest duplicate out there (& will save you $28!)

MASCARA: Maybelline - $5-8 (Target)
I'm not loyal to one Maybelline mascara. In fact, I think I try a different one each time it's time to replace my old one. But I consistently stick with Maybelline. I'm currently using Mega Plush Volume Mascara (in waterproof, I'm a cry-er). Sweeping on a little of this before a hot summer day makes your whole face seem a little polished. 

EYELINER: Maybelline Lash Stiletto - $5.99 (Target)
I've been wearing this liquid eyeliner for the last six years. No lie. I'm a liquid liner fan because I think it's easy to apply & I can wear a little everyday or go crazy with a thick line or cat eye. In the summer, however, I wear eyeliner less & just go with mascara. But seriously, give this liner a try for a fancy night out! 

LIPSTICK: Clinique Almost Lipstick in Black Honey - $17.00 (Clinique) 
I believe this sheer shade is universally flattering. It gives just enough coverage to make your natural lip color pop. I'm hooked.

So there you have it! My everyday, summer beauty routine. I am not a beauty-expert so if you have any recommendations for any other summer products, feel free to comment below! I'd love to know what you use as a primer! 

Don't forget sunscreen & happy adventuring! 
xo, Madeleine 


all opinions are my own. 

Madeleine B

Thanks for stopping by!

No comments:

Post a Comment