six summer reads

Summer is my favorite time of year to catch up on reading (that I probably have time to do during the school year but I just don't make it a priority... which is bad... working on that). 

So I've compiled a list of the top books I'm hoping to read this summer! Wish me luck. 


Summer Reading

The Girl on the Train - I heard great things about the book, but wasn't drawn in until I saw the trailer for the upcoming movie. I am a firm believer in reading the book first, so I can't wait to dive into this one!

The Nest - The book I've seen in every blogger's beach bag this summer, but I'm actually really excited to read this one! Less romance, more family.

Big Little Lies - I am so. pumped. to read this. This book has nothing but fantastic reviews. This will be my first Liane Moriarty read & I have a feeling I'll be hooked after that. I love a good suburban drama. (AND it's going to be made into a series on HBO starring Reese Witherspoon & Nicole Kidman.)

Where'd You Go, Bernadette? - I started this book last summer & did not finish it (tisk tisk, I know). Recommended by my sister, this book is supposed to be funny & surprising!

Eat, Pray, Love - I've had this book unread on my shelf for YEARS. But no more! As a lover of all things food & travel & an Elizabeth Gilbert fan, this has to be read this summer.

First Comes Love - I have loved Emily Giffin's books ever since I read Something Borrowed five years ago. I think her ability to create a flawed but endearing female protagonist is great. I recommend also reading Something Blue, Baby Proof, Where We Belong, and The Heart of the Matter. 

So there you have it. My summer reading list. My personal library could use a bit more variety in genres, so if you have any suggestions (thrillers, historical fiction, etc.), feel free to comment below!

Happy reading, book worms!
xo,
Madeleine

Madeleine B

Thanks for stopping by!